As a former full-time web editor with a background in book marketing and publicity, I have extensive experience in all aspects of running a website, from content ideation to content distribution and promotion.
You’ll find some of the editorial services I provide as a freelance editor and writer below. If you have an editorial need that isn’t listed, feel free to contact me here.
- Collaborating with writers and editors to develop short- and long-form stories for both web and print
- Line editing content and marketing campaigns, such as articles, editorial packages, social media posts, emails, and ads, with an eye for consistent style, grammar, and tone
- Copyediting and proofreading for articles and books
- Producing compelling content (features, interviews, personal essays, listicles, book/theater reviews, etc.)
- Check out some of my clips here
- Managing your site’s daily editorial calendar and production
- Planning long-term editorial and promotional strategies, seasonal tentpole initiatives, and site enhancements
- Coordinating due dates and revisions with contributors
- Sourcing imagery and producing posts in the CMS
- Search engines: Using SEO analytics tools to audit, monitor, and optimize search engine performance; developing new article ideas to effectively leverage search engine traffic
- Email: Developing long-term editorial strategies for email programs inspired by on-site content and larger cultural trends
- Social media: Developing a cohesive social media strategy for a brand across various platforms
- Advertising: Writing copy for ad campaigns
- Syndication: Pitching outlets for coverage of brand content and initiatives